Morgan Mare for sale

First of all guys I want to apologize for my lack of attention to this site including posting show results, approving new classifieds, etc. As some of you know I have been diagnosed with an advanced stage of ovarian cancer. The prognosis is grim and I’ll be going through chemo for at least the next 6 months. As a result I’ve decided to offer my mare for sale. Her name is Heirabella, she’s a 1994 chestnut model, 15h, by Heir of Fortune and out of Fox Creek Victoria. Her only owner previous to me was her breeder. She was trained as a youngster and then turned out to pasture for approx 10 years. I spent some time working with her this summer and found her to be smart as a whip and quite willing to please considering she’s been free to do as she likes for so long. I could see her being an excellent project horse for someone who wants to get a foot in the door on a local show circuit or perhaps a lesson horse with a little polish. Or she could make an excellent trail horse. (IE a perfect horse for me were I able to continue riding)

If any of you know of anyone or could use your networking savvy to see if there’s anyone out there who may be interested I’m asking $2500 but would be willing to consider offers to good homes. She’s currently located in St Louis but will be moving to PA if I can’t find a home for her.

Also, if you know of anyone who would want to take over as moderator for this blog have them contact me.

Thanks
-Erin

8 Responses to Morgan Mare for sale

1. Janie says:

Erin, I am so sorry for your diagnosis and that you have to face this horrible disease. But I also want to share with you some very positive news. My best friend was diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer in June of 2004! Although they will not say she is in remission. Since she’s had two reoccurances, she is doing very well!

Hi Kelly, just a couple of items.  Since Ali and I weren’t aware of the group lesson on Saturday, there was no way she could have made it.  As that was the only time she could have ridden either Bling or Max we felt it wasn’t worth it for her to go (she would have had to leave early Sunday morning anyway to get ready for classes).  Anyway, I reduced the October bill by the cost of the boot camp ($175).  Hope that’s okay.  If not, let me know.

We also have a question about lessons on Max & Bling at Nationals.  We cannot leave for Nationals until pretty late on Friday.  I cannot get off work early that day due to a mandatory conference call.  Ali doesn’t show until Monday so hoping to set up two last lessons on Saturday or Sunday.

Let me know what works for you and we’ll be there!

Thanks!

Janie

Hang in there and fight!

2. jns767 says:

Erin, I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis :( you are in my thoughts and prayers for a very speedy recovery! I will keep my eyes and ears open for your mare! Hang in there and get well soon.

3. StacyGRS says:

hi there Erin,
    I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis and hope that you can spend all of your time and energy fighting and beating this!! Please know that we appreciate everything you’ve done and hope for the very best for you!!
    Stacy

4. Morganmom says:

Erin,
    I also have a friend who had stage 4 ovarian cancer dignosed over 7 years ago. She has been in remission ever since then so yes, it is definitely possible to fight and overcome this disease! I know you can do it and will do it. Know that a lot of people are praying for you and appreciate you.

My Best,
    Morganmom

5. rodmanstables says:

Erin,
    I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Ever since I read this post I’ve been thinking about you – try to keep your chin up & stay positive. You can & will beat this! We’re all praying for you. I’ve heard many success stories about others who have beat it also.
    Take care!
    -Yvonne

6. Erin: Very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am recovering from cancer myself and know positive approach can help.

If you are interested, I would be willing to act as a moderator until you can return. Now that show season is over, I expect the topics to start to heat up again!

You can contact me at rsurenemorganfarm.com.

7. E mail me at lancerstables.com instead of rsurenemorganfarm.

8. Vintage_Rider says:

Dear Erin,
    I may just not be in the loop, but I had not heard this… I am so sorry you have to go through this! You are in my thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery. Although I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for your mare, they can be quite the solace during difficult emotional and physical times when just petting them can bring comfort and a smile. Hopefully, she is nearby for just that purpose. Sometimes they come into our life for a reason.
    God Bless and God Speed…. Stephanie