CopperDragon Sale

This is a bit late notice, but for those of us who are not able to make the trip to Mass. for this sale they have online bidding through DVAuction. I flipped through the catalog a few weeks ago and it looks like they have some good quality horses going through. I would love to hear how it’s going if there’s anyone there who wants to chime in.

6 Responses to CopperDragon Sale

1. underdog88 says:

Yes, the quality of horses is very good- not a surprise at all though from where they are coming from! All have excellent bloodlines as well. But I watched the auction online and was shocked at the low prices! The first horse out was a very cute hunter that went for…$700!!!!!!!!!!

The prices at all auctions have gone waaay down because of the economy, and prices at auctions tend to be lower anyway, but it was very surprising, especially because of the consistent quality of the horses. I think another factor is how close this auction is to show season- we’re right at the start of the season, most people aren’t looking for their next project right now; they were back in the fall/winter. Some people are going to get some fantastic deals though!!!!!

2. RaeOfLight says:

Yeah, after I posted this I signed up and watched the remainder of the afternoon session, and I plan on tuning back in this evening. Some very nice horses going through. I didn’t think prices were too abysmal, but certainly some deals to be had.

3. ManD says:

Does anyone know how much lots 20, 35, 46, and 50 went for?

4. RaeOfLight says:

I don’t know how long they’ll stay posted, but you can view the final sale prices of all the horses on the site linked to above. Those particular horses went for $6500, $18000, $25000 and $30000 respectively.

5. auctioneer says:

The prices sound real good, if they actually sold. That auction is different, in that they say everything was sold, without any no-sales. Having been there last year, I can tell you there were many no-sales, the auction company runs the bids and even the sellers bid and by their own. Several of the horses in this year have been in their auctions in the past, that wouldn’t happen if they had been sold. It would be real interesting to contact AMHA and see how many actually transfer.

6. Trisha says:

Copperbeech is posting seller information on their horses on their website http://www.copperbeech.biz