Touch Of Grandeur is at ac4h .com page 3 of Broker owned.

Touch Of Grandeur foaled 2003 is needing a home.

Pretty $750.00 sells with Reg. papers.

There is also a older Morgan mare with no Papers

Both claim to ride and drive.

7 Responses to Touch Of Grandeur is at ac4h .com page 3 of Broker owned.

1. leslie says:

Really pretty.

If only Santa would bring me the winning Powerball ticket.

There’s also a Palomino filly on the first page, but it looks like someone from Forever Morgans is bailing her out, I think?

2. shirley.cauley says:

Several foster/ adoption applications at ForeverMorgans for Touch of Grandeur, Palomino filly is Coachmans Migh-T-Aria & is spoken for, if she’s the one I think you’re writing about. But don’t let that stop anyone from going to the website & completing an application, qualified fosters/ adopters are always needed. Thanks!

3. lauralin28 says:

This may well be a strange question, but with Forever Morgans, why do you/they bail out horses that very well could find homes, such Touch of Grandeur? If you haven’t, ignore this question – the post above makes it seem like you have. It’s just, why should she have to go through FM to find a home when she could find one based on bloodlines alone?

4. dressagemorganrider says:

Laura Lin — these horses have come through low-end auctions and are in the hands of “killer buyers” who will use them to fill a slaughter-bound truck if they don’t sell them for more than the kill price by a certain date. The kill buyers are notoriously shy of dealing with the public, because they are, after all, in a fairly unpleasant part of the horse business (and some of them are pretty unpleasant themselves!) A lot of the FM/AC4H horses come from the Amish, with all that implies. There’s been some grumbling about AC4H’s close ties to the killer buyers, and some questionable finances, but AC4H is our “in” to the KBs in that area.

Bloodlines won’t save a mare these days if she’s not sound, or has breeding issues, or is older, or has behavioral issues, or really for no reason at all except that someone, somewhere along the way, let her go to auction rather than holding out for a private buyer. One of the current FM mares has an open wound on her RH cannon. (Please keep in mind the two 20+ year old school horse mares who went for $100 and $200 at the Mid-A sale last weekend; FM is trying to track them down, because if there were ever horses who deserved a nice retirement, elderly school horses are them. *Someone* decided, for whatever reason, that those two old schoolies were not useful anymore, and sent them to auction — where they sold so low that “someone” didn’t probably even make their expenses back — rather than retiring them or euthanizing them.)

It’s not an easy time to be an “unwanted” horse in this country.

5. Flmorgan says:

I think FM has an in and can bail and set up funds quickly so the horses aren’t in jeopardy of going to slaughter. You can get the horses from FM.
    There were 40 odd Morgans FM was helping to place and they hadn’t gone to Auction yet. they were in Indiana.

6. lauralin28 says:

DressageMorgan – I know where these horses are and the danger they are in, however I did buy a Morgan directly from AC4H myself. What I am saying is that should private buyers not have a chance to bail the horse out before the rescue does? If someone is willing to take the horse themselves, would that not be just as good and save FM valuable resources?

I have to say I would have been upset if the horse I bailed had gone to FM instead, and I was not the chosen adopter.

Some people are wary of dealing with rescues as many have stipulations that the rescue retains ownership of the horse etc, I can’t say that this is the case with FM, of course, and I know FM does great work.

I guess this is just a problem I have in general – if private buyers may very well be willing and ready to bail out a horse, why should any rescue take away that person’s ability to do so? I’ve seen this with other breeds in other situations and I really just don’t get it.

If you don’t bail them out until Friday or you put in the bail and say if no one bails them out, this is for ‘x’ horse, please disregard this.

7. shirley.cauley says:

The time is often very short, a matter of a week or less, for horses that AC4H brings to the attention of FM, from the brokers. Payment often goes in at the very last minute. FM has lost horses to the kill truck because funds weren’t available, even though a home was. (See “What is the Ribbons Fund” on the web site, an attempt to prevent that from ever happening again).

Some adoption applicants are able to pay for full bail or partial bail themselves, others can just offer a good home as long as FM can raise the funds & get the horse there, some are even so kind as to pay full bail & transport. Then there are charges for Coggins, HC, etc.

Brokers will take anyone’s money, but in most cases – with some exceptions – the best way to get out the word about individual horses (espcially if registered, re their pedigrees) & to generate interest in them, is networking through Morgan lists. FM facilitates that.

Hope that helps. Questions always welcome @ FM, see the web site for contact info to board members.

Many thanks,