Looking for old issues of the Morgan Horse Magazine

Hello Everyone:   I am seeking old issues of the magazine dating in the late 1980′s.  More specifically, I would like to find some pictures of Funquest Altair.  Does anyone have any available?  I have been searching online for the past few months but was not successful.

11 Responses to Looking for old issues of the Morgan Horse Magazine

1. RaeOfLight says:

I have some issues from 86-89. Email me (admin@abovelevel.com) and I can get you specifics.

2. daughterofaltair says:

I will ! Thank you for your fast response.

3. mrm says:

I came across this listing on craigslist/Michigan/Metro-Detroit, farm+garden:

Morgan Horse Magazines 1965-2010 (dexter)

——————————————————————————–
    Date: 2010-10-15, 9:10AM EDT
    Reply to: sale-awfmw-2007219506@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

——————————————————————————–

Morgan horse Magazines available. Years include from 1965 thru the present. Most years are complete. $5.00 per year.

Location: dexter
    it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2007219506

4. Trisha says:

Here is a photo of him from 1986. It’s on the Society Training stables facebook page.

Funquest Altair

5. mikado12 says:

I have lots of old Morgan Horse, Morgan Connection, and Horse World back-issues, some dating back since 1979. A little more info so I can look up his photo easier; if I have that would help. Do you want the entire mag or just photos?

6. daughterofaltair says:

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. So far, I haven’t had any response back from the Craiglist ad but it looks like there are some other leads here. I am mainly interested in pictures showing me what he looked like ( head shot, show shots, barn shots etc). I have one of his daughters and wanted to build a small “family tree”. I think I would also like the magazines that cover his wins, therefore, I do not know what issues those would be.
    Here are the major wins that I know of: In the 1988 and 1989 GN/WC he won Amateur Western Pleasure Stallion Champion.

On a side note, does anyone know of the horses Ebony Baron or Penny Baron?

7. mikado12 says:

I found a photo of Funquest Talstar in the Dec. 87 Morgan Horse Magazine. If they’re related (I thought they might be, because of the similar names, and since you’re making a family tree) I could email you the pic.

8. Trisha says:

He also won the amateur western pleasure in 1986, the picture I linked to above is his standing winning photo.

9. bmmorgans says:

Whats the horses name your looking for? I have a lot of old magazines, The Morgan Horse magazines are the oldest, not sure how old the Connection ones are, but do have both? I will look also, if you haven’t found what you need yet? Didn’t get the name though?

Also, in reference to the sales, in particular the Signature sale for one; I guess these are great auctions for the buyers, definitely not for the sellers. Being an owner of a really nice one that went through (gave away) under the direction of a trainers advise (who I should name) saying this would be a great sale and not to put a reserve…I guess my loss for allowing a trainer to make such a stupid decision…but on the flip side that buyer sure got an awesome horse…..I stand behind what I have always said, I will never put any of my horses through sales, I would be better to just find them the right home and know where they truly end up.

10. horsetrainer007 says:

I trained and showed Altair and I have old magazines and maybe some pictures..Call me ..Rick Davis Stables////727-421-2387

11. daughterofaltair says:

Trisha: Thank you for posting that pic on Facebook! I didn’t know that he won in 1986, too.

mikado12: Thank you for the offer. I am just making a “small” family tree right now for my own horse. I would still like the pic you have because I can post it on the Funquest yahoogroups page. I do have a pic from allbreedpedigree.com for Talstar. They don’t have Altair’s pic.

I am still interested in getting some copies of the magazine though ( with Altair featured)

Rick: I will call you. Thank you. I have seen your page before when I “googled” Altair. All I found was his name and winnings.

Does anyone have any contact info for H-vee morgans?

Thank you again, everyone!