Morgan Horse Sales and other things

Does anyone know where I can find a catalog or contact info for the Superior sale coming up next weekend?

Also, when are deadlines for signature and buckeye? Any thoughts or experiences at buying or selling horses at either of these? Which one brings more show horses?

AAAAND last question, I’m trying to buy collections of older Morgan Connection magazines, any suggestions on where to look? I tried E-bay, but I could only find The Morgan Horse. I would like to collection entire years if possible.

13 Responses to Morgan Horse Sales and other things

1. RaeOfLight says:

I just sent an email out to my local club this morning about some older mags I have. They’re mostly TMH, but I have some Connections. I can sort through the stack and send you issue dates if you’re interested.

2. Carley says:

yes! please do

3. RaeOfLight says:

Here’s my list of Connections… most of them aren’t all that old, but let me know if you’re interested.

1993 15-Aug
    1993 December
    1993 February
    1993 March
    1993 May
    1994 1-Oct
    1994 April
    1995 25-Jul
    1997 14-Aug
    2002 January
    2003 11 issues
    2004 10 issues

4. Carley says:

how much would you sell the whole lot for?

5. goshowmorgans says:

I have bought 2 horses at the Signature Sale and my experience has been positive each time. Very happy with my horses & very happy with the way I was treated by the consignors & organizers. Two of my friends have also bought horses and they would tell you the same thing.

Genevieve

6. RaeOfLight says:

I just remembered I did a poll on auctions awhile back: http://abovelevel.com/pollsarchive/ 4th one down. No specifics there of course, but gives you a general idea.

7. Trisha says:

I think the consignment deadline for Buckeye is normally in November, but the March sale normally fills up way before then, so the best option is to call and ask. I think the Signature sale hasn’t even started taking consignments.

The Buckeye sales are mostly Amish buyers, though there are exceptions. We’ve sold/purchased quite a few show horses through this sale with success. But this sale brings about 250 consignment horses and a lot of quality if looking to buy at a good price.

The Signature sale is more geared towards show horses, but they do take nonshow consignments. This sale has more “show homes”, but there are also a lot of Amish that come to the sale as well.

We’ve purchased show prospects through both sales and did well with them.

8. Canadian says:

I purchased a horse at the Signature Sale last year and it was an amazing experience, we were treated very well! Our horse has turned out to be awesome. I would highly recommend it.

Michelle

PS they were very ‘Canadian buyer’ friendly.

9. RaeOfLight says:

Hey Carley, I sent you some info on the mags to the email address you have registered here (candieland…) a few days ago and haven’t heard anything back. Did you get it?

10. khummel says:

The Superior sale was good and I felt prices were good as well. The Stallion presentation was excellent. This sale was at a good facility and ran very well. I think it is a good sign that the Hylee farm sale and the superior sale had good prices.

11. Carley says:

rae- i didnt get the email, sometimes my junk filter gets a little over excited. please resend to freem147@msu.edu.

khummel- any idea if there will be a price list posted? i couldnt find a catalog or sales list anywhere. the horse im specifically interested in is Bridget Jones and where she ended up.

12. samspops says:

Carley, i just became aware of this website today, and saw your inquiry about Bridget Jones. we bought her at the sale, and brought her to Wisconsin. she is such a sweetheart. she has become somewhat the alpha mare of the herd.we have an organization that deals with disabled Veterans, and use the fabulous Morgan Horses. they learn ground safety in handling them, grooming, and on up to riding. Bridget is our greatest ambassador for the experienced riders. my wife uses her in her lessons program for advanced riders. she is fat, happy, and has a BIG family of Morgans to keep her company. she meets me daily at the gate for her pat on the head and a good morning conversation.she is a WONDERFUL mare, and will be here until a higher power calls her home over the Rainbow Bridge..

13. Carley says:

I’ve been in contact with your wife in the last week. Thank you SOOO much for letting me know that Bridget is safe and loved. She had a small fan club and they’re all thankful for this information. Please give her an extra cookie for me :)