Finally, the world of fashion is catching up with us

Skinny jeans, you may love them or hate them, but they’re certainly the new wave in fashion trends.  If you’re anything like me, you realize the the fact that their called skinny jeans does not mean they make you look skinny and they have no purpose in my wardrobe.  But, even if it’s not a trend you plan on latching on to for yourself, I am here at least give you some satisfaction that they do have a purpose, at least for us horsey people. I was at the mall today and hanging on the rack I saw this pair of pants.   They may call them “Military Skinny Pants” but I call them patch-less low rise breeches.  So, next time you wear your riding attire out in public and someone gives you a funny look, just give them some fancy name and rave that they’re “the next big thing”.

7 Responses to Finally, the world of fashion is catching up with us

1. leslie says:

I’m with you 110% on the skinny jeans, and those pants…yikes. It is funny when the fashion world cycles around to “equestrian” as it seems to do every few years. A friend of mine used to work for a tack shop that was a dealer for high-end, custom tall boots. A girl came in to get measured for a pair of boots, and when my friend asked what kind of riding she did, she said she didn’t ride, she just wanted the boots. Hundreds of dollars for custom athletic gear just for fashion’s sake? Fools and their money, I suppose…

2. empressive says:

Yes, the boots!! Oh on our college campus in Cali there are many girls that wear Ariats and just English boots in general. With shorts, skirts, you name it! LOL They all just want to be like me! JK

But seriously all… we need to start a sweatpant trend. Cheap and when wet dry quickly. Plus uber comfort and lots of pockets!! Oh and we cannot forget the awesome colors and stitching. LOL I mean who doesn’t like to ride in neon yellow sweats?

3. lnmarsh says:

Oh man, this is funny! I havnt checked AboveLevel in a few weeks (shame on me, I know), and this one defintiely made me laugh.

And Im with you, empressive – I love riding in my sweats! I found super-thin, 100% cotton, bell-bottom flare, extra-long “yoga” pants. Only they’re not really yoga pants… they’re just cool sweats. I bought a few pairs last spring and the girl at the counter said “Ah, seems like everyone is hittin the gym for swimsuit season!” I said “Nope, Im just gonna go ride my horse.” LOL :-)

4. empressive says:

LOL Love it LNMarsh!

I need to go get more pants. It’s so hot here in Cali right now that I have totally traded in my jeans. I didn’t even think of Yoga pants! That is a great idea.

Just to add.. I have recently been informed that colored horse shoes are making a mark. Where I am not sure, but the idea of having “colored” horse shoes is quite interesting. While there are companies that advertise colored shoes (yellow, purple, pink, etc) this seems the most reputable.

I’m really liking the lime green and orange! Can you imagine entering the show ring with these? I can see all the faces looking below level! LOL

5. leslie says:

I’m not even going to pretend like I don’t want those colored shoes. Sign me up for bright purple.

When I ride in polyester jods in my cutback saddle, I always feel like I’m sliding around (yay for saddl-tite.) But yoga pants? Isn’t that super slippery??

6. RaeOfLight says:

I was thinking the same thing about the sweatpants. I think I might’ve tried riding in those once and have no desire to do so again. Not to mention how heavy they get if you get them wet/dirty. Yuck. But hey, if that works for you, more power to ya I guess :)

7. empressive says:

Leslie: Purple would be awesome! I ride in my Hunt saddle with sweats and yes it is a little slippery as well. I am going to try Yoga pants though. It just sounds funny and fun period. I can see all the eyes in the warmup arena now…

Rae: The swaetpants I have are lighter and somewhat thinner. The heat in Cali dries up everything fast anyway so no worries there, but when I was little that was why I couldn’t stand sweatpants! LOL I’d complain that they were falling off because I was so sweaty… eh, that was when I was very, very little though.