Old Patterns?

Does anyone know where I can find/if I can find equitation patterns from previous Grand Nationals? I’m starting a binder to practice with during the off season. So far I can only find the ones from this year and last year. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

7 Responses to Old Patterns?

1. j.a.b. says:

THey generally are not posted anywhere but the Connection usually prints them with their coverage. I think the Arab association has a book of patterns you can buy, also AMHA may have one for sale that was developed by C. Hanson (? totally blanking on the name right now). Be sure to pick them up at shows too, even if you aren’t in that class or the pattern is for a different seat then you ride. Most times they can be easily converted.

2. moore701 says:

Hi ak4793,
    I am also searching for patterns from the Grand National. By chance, are you able to e-mail the patterns you have from this year and last years Grand National? If so, my e-mail address is moore701@aol.com. Also, I have some patterns from various horse shows and I will be glad to e-mail them to you.
    Best,
    C. Moore

3. RWL says:

I had a GREAT book when I rode equitation called 101 Equitation Patterns. It does have some jumper and western patterns, but the there is a large english section. Lots of them were used at Morgan shows, or were very similar too! Your best bet is to practice all different ones. I have had extremely difficult ones in OKC and others that seemed like a joke! But I recommend the book, you can find it here:

Good luck!
    Nicole

4. RaeOfLight says:

What about starting an Equitation Patterns Repository here on Above Level? I wouldn’t want to take any patterns that are copyrighted or come from books, but ones that folks have collected along the way at various shows. I don’t know if there’s any way to know if those are copyrighted…

I have never been an equitation rider, so I would be completely dependent on you folks to contribute. Would that be something that you would be interested in as a resource here?

-Erin

5. TrotOn says:

Erin, I’d be interested in having this. I’m out of equitation but I still do them at the barn to keep sharp!

This is a good website with some patterns and tips:

6. ak4793 says:

Thanks for all the replies guys! I’ve got a ton of make up work for school this week, but over the weekend I’ll definitely scan the patterns I’ve collected and e-mail them to moore701 and whoever else wants them! As of now I have the saddleseat and huntseat patterns from 2004, 2008, and 2009 (Grand Nationals). The ones from 2004 and 2008 are from old Morgan Connections, but the 2009 ones are straight out of the packet I received at the beginning of the show!

I think that’s an awesome idea to have an equitation patterns section! Patterns are really fun to do, and they keep things from getting monotonous during the off season!

7. mikado12 says:

Check out the American Royal patterns from this year. I believe they’re posted at the American Royal UPHA site. Also, you may still be able to watch those classes–its a learning experience! They were very complex patterns.