Horses in need

I know everyone’s inundated by requests to help horses right now, but I wanted to at least throw this out there. This Craigslist ad was featured on FHOTD today. This guy in NC is selling three horses, one of them a 12-year-old Morgan mare who is clearly in dire need of groceries. She just needs someone with $350 and a green pasture. He’s selling two other horses for $100 and $150.

7 Responses to Horses in need

1. Black Eye Beth says:

A friend and I are checking into this so I will let you know what we find out. In my opinion it looks like the Humane Society or ASPCA needs to get involved if someone doesn’t take them. However, given the number of horses needing homes out there they probably can only afford to take the ones on death’s door. So sad.

2. Black Eye Beth says:

Just thought I would give an update to those of you who saw these horses on this link. My friend talked to the seller to see if he would give the horses away and he was a pretty big jerk to her. We got online and found a Horse Rescue in that area. My friend contacted them and found out that the Rescue and local Humane Officers were aware of the horses and were in the process of removing the them from this property. The Rescue said they would call with an update to let us know the outcome. If I get anymore info. I will post it. (we were all ready to call the local TV station in case we couldn’t get any response but luckily we didn’t have to do that!)

3. SamIAm says:

Thank you for your dedication!

4. cowgirlup23 says:

That’s great news! I hope they get great new homes!

5. Black Eye Beth says:

We will see what happens…at least we were able to contact someone about them. The pics were just so sad.

6. cowgirlup23 says:

I don’t want to even see them! I had a chance to rescue a very wonderful gelding Morgan years ago, and I leased him to get him out of the situation he was in, the human society took them over two years later to prosecute this local woman. I was able to get him back into shape and showing him again, I miss him dearly but truly a huge heart, so I totally understand the need to help and place them into new homes!

7. leslie says:

Thank you so much, Beth. I hope everything works out for these horses and they find loving forever homes. Please keep us updated.