Roadtrip!

Hi Guys and Gals,

August 12 my Mom, sis, and I will be roadtripping! Going to see some family kind of a spur of the moment and emergency thing. But on the way back we will have time to stop and look around. Horsey person that I am, I would LOVE to stop and see the different farms along the way. I did pull up the ‘Farm Finder’ on the MorganHorse site. There are a LOT of farms to choose from. Many I am not familier with, some I am. So I was hoping to have some help and narrow things down. Granted OKC is coming up and some trainers or farms may not want to be bothered. I can totally understand.

Well, here are the states we will be passing through- Pennysylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, top of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Places I know I would like to see- PN: Horne Farm, Scottfield, Broadmoor OH: Copper Beech, Vantage Point, Cedar Creek Farm IN: Triumph Stables MO: Silver Maple, Windenhill

All in all I think that is it. Any questions let me know. Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
Empressive

14 Responses to Roadtrip!

1. RaeOfLight says:

Tami and Renee can show you the sites here!

Let me know when you’re at Windenhill. I live about 15 minutes away from Tami. You can see my place if you want, although there’s nothing but 2 pastures and 2 horses at the moment. Brian Hadley is also just down the street.

-Erin

2. Scottfield03 says:

Glad to see Scottfield made your short list! I will be taking a small group of horses to Mass Morgan from Aug 9th – 16th, but there are always people here at the farm who would more than happy to give you the tour. Just give us a call, or drop me an email (scottfield03@yahoo.com) and we will try to coordinate schedules. And there are great B & Bs in Montrose if you are looking for a place to stay! ~Alicia

3. stretch says:

You might want to stop by Merriehill when you are in Illinois. I’m sure they would be glad to give you a tour. It is a beautiful place with lots of gorgeous horses.

4. empressive says:

Thanks everyone! I’ll be sure to start making calls. Thanks for reminding me of Merriehill stretch! This past year has been a whirlwind and I haven’t renewed any Morgan Magazines so I have been running on fumes trying to remember the Morgan Farms back east.

Thanks again!

5. mrmi says:

Don’t forget about Ultra Morgans in Ohio :) What a neat place!!

6. khummel says:

You are certainly welcome to visit Vatage Point Stable in Ohio It would be best to call Kathi 330 495- 7117. We are home most of August . I personally will be away during the week of Louisville August 24-27. End of summer riding camps may be going on depending on what your plans are, If you visit in the morning or early afternoon you will see Morgans and Saddlebreds at work in training . Late afternoon and evening is all about lessons and chores. Adter 8 PM you find us in the pool in August often as we can ! Kathi

7. RaeOfLight says:

I just had another thought for you… if you’re really meandering back Jubilee will be going on in Springfield, IL September 2-5. A lot of the midwest folks will be there.

-Erin

8. StacyGRS says:

some from the west coast too:) We’re excited to be going back there again…fun show!
    Stacy

9. RaeOfLight says:

Hey! Now I really can’t wait! I’ll have to track you down Stacy… or you could track me down. My baby is going with Brian Hadley, so I’ll be helping him out during the show.

10. pukiza says:

By all means plan to stop at Silver Maple. I love visitors. Just email me or call and let me know when you plan to drop in.
    Renee

11. empressive says:

Thanks again everyone! Today I am going to AAA to plan the course out and add in some places that my sister and mom would like to see. Thanks for the invite to the Jubilee show, Erin! If only I could be away from home that long. Once again Thanks!

Nikki

12. mrsfire says:

I don’t know if you will be in the Kansas City area, but you are welcome to come to Peeper Ranch!

13. mylucy says:

If you are in Springfield IL please come and see the Brunk Morgan Horse Museum. Located about 10 minutes off of I-55. Give us a call at 217-529-4623 or 217-836-5055. Happy travels!!

14. empressive says:

I know that this is very late in coming and I deeply apologize.

Still there is no time like the present and I would like to thank everyone for their help. I was able to stop by…

Essex, the O’ Gorman’s, Triumph, Windenhill, Erin’s place, and Peeper.

I had a wonderful time and am very thankful for everyone’s time. I learned quite a lot and will never forget anything. From getting lost to meeting everyone thank you all so much!