Buckeye Morgan Sale

Is anyone planning on attending the Buckeye Morgan sale?

It’s March 27 and 28th at the Ashland County Fairgrounds in Ashland, Ohio. They’ve got 249 horses consigned and a stallion presentation.

The catalog is online here.

9 Responses to Buckeye Morgan Sale

1. bluedesiign says:

I think I am going to go!

2. KarenL says:

I’d love to hear how it goes- there are a couple of horses in there that I’ll be really curious on where they go– I’ve got a soft spot for Legacys Viking offpsring & there’s 2 in there….

3. empressive says:

Hey, I know this is short notice, but it is for me too.

I will not be able to make it to this sale due to some family matters. Could somebody check out some horses that are going to be at the auction for me?

In particular are three mares…
    Lady Marlene (Noble Flaire x B-L Superfection)sale by JD Stables

Bella Notte (Forevermore x Catawissa Lady Star) There is a half sister to her also, but I cannot remember her name.

If somebody has time and is willing to check them out that would be great. Regardless, I hope everyone going has a wonderful time & stays warm!

Thanks,
    Nikki

4. Trisha says:

Empressive,
    I didn’t see Lady Marlene (she may not have gone today), but I watched Bella Notte go.

Bella Notte and her sister went through the sale together but sold separately. Bella Notte sold for $2700 and her half sister China Cat Sunflower (Forevermore x Asylom’s American Beauty) sold for $5200 with a foal at her side.

The sale’s going great so far!

5. empressive says:

Thanks Trisha!

Online Lady Marlene was on the 2cd page (link, book, other half, etc) so you are right she will probably go today. Thanks again!

6. Trisha says:

I’m not 100% on Lady Marlene, but I’m pretty sure she didn’t go through and a 3yr old filly went in her place. They were stalled right across from us and I don’t recall seeing her, but I could easily be confused.

7. empressive says:

Thanks.

Maybe she sold before the sale? Regardless, thanks for the information and I hope that you had fun.

8. www.thewinningimage.ca says:

I heard it was packed to the rafters. How were prices??

GLK

9. Trisha says:

haha It was definately packed. Prices were pretty good. We were guessing the average price on horses was probably about 3000.

And I’ve only been to five morgan sales in the past three years (and in total) and this was significantly better than any others I’ve been to.

And I must say, those amish know how to show a horse! I’d say the vast majority went through looking like they could have hit the show ring.