Introducing SFS High Hopes

Born very late Saturday night under the watchful eye of the staff at Cornell University, SFS High Hopes hit the ground running, so to speak, much to the delight of proud new mom, CN A Touch Of Hope. This very pretty chestnut colt, who is sired by Minion Millennium, is as cute as a button with his blond tail and matching hind socks. We will be bringing Hope and Frank back to the farm within a week, but I couldn’t wait to share the good news with my friends here at Above Level! Of course, owners Steve, Lory and Kate Kielceski are delighted to have a healthy foal on the ground and a mare whose motherly instincts are proving to be outstanding. Be sure to check our website’s news pageĀ for photos and updates! www.scottfieldstables.com

7 Responses to Introducing SFS High Hopes

1. parksaddle1024 says:

Congratulations! I love birth announcements!

2. nightmusicfarms says:

Congratulations! Wonderful name for what I am sure is a fabulous colt and certainly has the parents to prove it.

3. Scottfield03 says:

Thank you guys! I really do think this foal has a shot of being really great… thanks for noting his pedigree, Nightmusic!

We had two names picked out, one for a filly and one for a colt. The Kielceskis were just wonderful…. in exchange for doing the homework and deciding on the breeding, they not only let me prefix the foal, but also basically let me name it. I don’t think they would have let me name it any old thing, but they liked the two names I came up with, so it was a go. I got to name my own mare when I bought her as a yearling, so long as I kept the prefix, so I named her LSF She’s Come Undone, and thats where the naming horse after songs theme began. Get it? High Hopes, sung by Frank Sinatra, therefore, the colt is Frank.
    :-)

You have any foals on the ground yet?

4. empressive says:

!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!

Gotta love how you came up with the names. That’s really neat. Hope you can possibly get some pics up. Bet the little guy is already looking good and I hope he just keeps getting better. Well Thanks for sharing!

5. Scottfield03 says:

Photos are now up on Scottfield Stables’ news page! Go to http://www.scottfieldstables.com, then to news, and you can find them there! The pics are of Frank at Cornell, about 36 hours old.

I usually post photos right to this site, but am having trouble getting it done from my new computer. I will keep tinkering, but til I figure it out, thats where the photos are!

6. KarenL says:

He’s a cutie! And I will likely always remember who he is as I cannot get the tune out of my head…. :) A fun way to name ponies indeed. Congrats to all.

7. denu220 says:

Congratulations!!! I know from experience it’s a huge relief to have a HEALTHY foal. I’m glad Mom and baby are doing well :)