2009 Show Dates

I have been working on compiling a list of the 2009 Show Dates/Information. So far I have entered the Spring dates along with the available links to the Show’s websites. Some of the information is incomplete due to it not being available on the websites as of yet. I will be adding the Summer and Fall Show information and updating the missing information over the next weeks and months. You can see the Blog page by clicking on “2009 Morgan Show Dates” in the upper Navigation bar under the AboveLevel.com Logo.

If you know any of the missing info. please let me know at blackeyebeth@gmail.com. Thanks!

9 Responses to 2009 Show Dates

1. jdenzel says:

Beth, the UPHA Chapter Show is being held May 7-9 at Hale Arena in Kansas City. Here is the link to their web site: http://www.uphachapter5.com

This show has always been held in Columbia, MO, but this year is moving to better, larger venue.

2. PlayMorBill says:

Outstanding list, Beth! Thanks!!

3. Black Eye Beth says:

Thanks, Bill. I hope people find it helpful. Also thanks, jdenzel. I will be sure to add that to the list.

4. Beth, here are the shows from the Michigan website. Great shows!!

April

24th-26th – MJMHA Classic Horse Show, Ingham County Fairgrounds, Mason. Contact:
    Sue Hall, 248-437-5757.

May
    14th-17th – MHSA Spring Show, Coliseum, Detroit. Contact: Sara Ressler, secretary,
    248-922-0148.

22nd-24th – MJMHA Morgan Showtime, MSU Pavilion, Lansing. Contact: Lynn Burch,
    810-636-8690.

June

19th-21st – MHSA Medallion Shows, Ingham County Fairgrounds, Mason. Contact:
    Sara Ressler, secretary, 248-922-0148.

July
    9th-12th – Michigan All Morgan, Coliseum, Detroit. Contact: Sue Hall, 248-437-5757.

26th-27th – Swartz Creek Kawanis Crystal Show, Shiawassee County Fairgrounds,
    Corunna. Contact: Dave Bedell, 810-659-5393.

August
    7th-9th – Country Classic, Ludington MI

September
    4th-5th – MJMHA Fun Show, Shiawassee County Fairgrounds, Corunna. Contact:
    Kristie Roberts, 248-802-6668.

5. KarenL says:

I’d like to add an open show with lots of Morgan classes to the list! The Champlain Valley Morgan Horse Association’s Open Show is held annually on Memorial Day weekend, this year is May 22-24, 2009. It is at the Clinton County Fairgrounds in Plattsburgh, NY- about 2 1/2 hours north of Albany, 1:15 from Burlington, VT. It is not a rated show, but we’ve got really well-qualified judges as officials (always do!). This year, John McDonald (OKC judge this year too) is in the main arena, Mitzi Summers will be judging the hunters over fences and ridden dressage, and Marsha Himler will judge carriage classes. ~170 classes in all over 2 1/2 days. VERY reasonable fees, attractive, safe grounds & friendly folks! We usually attract between 125-140 horses of all shapes and sizes. The 2009 prize list will be downloadable shortly from the club’s website: http://www.cvmhany.org or let me know you want one & I’ll be sure it finds you.

6. Black Eye Beth says:

Thanks so much for all the help and keep it coming!!

7. bella92290 says:

Beth Mark Bodnar is our judge for Syracuse International, I will let you know the date for the entries closing soon.

8. annette says:

For those of you on show committess who are still looking for your show judge, I would be interested in judging ANYWHERE! I obtained my “r” last year and would like to gain experience to move on to my “R”! I would be willing to judge for expenses only. For further information, I can be contacted at ultramorgans@gmail.com
    Annette

9. Annette, does that include open shows as well? I am also working toward my 4h judging license so I am apprenticing this year and probably next to get my time in. I am pretty sure I won’t try for the “r” or “R”. We have a few smaller open shows in Northern Michigan and sometimes are looking for good pleasure type judges? You never know I will pass your name on. Missy