NYSHBA show

The New York State Horse Breeders Association hosts a show in May that has Morgan classes. I was wondering if anyone has been to the show and could tell me what its like, I recently bought a Morgan and I am looking to show her a little this summer and this show is fairly close to home for us.

7 Responses to NYSHBA show

1. bella92290 says:

getmorgan….email me at horseluva90@hotmail.com, we have been to the show before. Michele =)

2. Beth says:

You might want to consider the Western district horseshow the following weekend as well. It’s in Horseheads, NY. Its alot of fun. Also Syracuse International is a GREAT show with tons of food and things going on, its always a favorite of our barn. its in June. There is also a small all amature show back in horseheads in june as well. Please feel free to email me if I can help. Beth sadlup4389@aol.com

3. bella92290 says:

Beth Thank you so much, I am the hospitality coordinator for International. As does any other show, we work hard to have fun happenings and great food, so your words make it all worth it!

4. getmorganizedkc says:

Thanks!
    I’ve been to International before as a spectator and the show seemed very nice it was always a joy to go watch so its on my list of shows to attend. Additionally, my 4H leader recently got a National Show horse so I could show him and my mare at the same show :-)
    I just got my mare so I’m planning on only doing a few shows and staying close to home our first year so the Western NY and the Amateur one are a little far for us but maybe in 2010 after I’ve had some time to work with my mare and see what she can do…NY weather has prevented me from even getting her home yet and now Im back at school in VA, so not going to get much riding time on her until may.

5. GoodLookinGal says:

Syracuse International is the BEST show! And the Morgan competition there over the last few years has gotten very strong. Many top barns make the trip for that show, including Luman Wadhams, Reindance, Fairview, Scottfield, Salem Farm (Peggy Alderman), UVM, and many more. And the competition is matched by great parties with lots of food and fun. Definitely worth attending.

The Breeders show is often the first show for people in the NY area, as our weather doesn’t allow much before May. Many trainers use the show to debut new teams, or get the jr. horses to their first shows. It is a learning atmosphere, and a fun show. Often you get the first glimpse of horses that later go on to do well at Regionals and OKC.

I haven’t been to International in ages, but it was always one of my favorites! I think the show conflicts with one of our other shows now…possibly Gold Cup?

7. getmorganizedkc says:

Thanks for all the tips. I think we will be making a trip to Breeders this year or next and once we’ve worked together more we are defiantly gonna check out International. I still have a year and a half of college left to endure so I wont be getting much riding in until I graduate since I go to school out of state.

Thanks again!