New England Hotels

I noticed that Northampton hotel space is very limited.  I was wondering if anyone has stayed in hotels outside of Northampton during the NE show.  Can anyone recommend one?  For hotels outside of Northampton, how far is the drive to the showgrounds?

Thanks!

17 Responses to New England Hotels

1. amahill says:

I rec. the Howard Johnson’s in Hadley (So. Hadley) more towards UMass. We now have a camper but we stayed there in 07, and Had clients stay there in 08 and have had very positive experiences. The rooms are extremely large (which is nice when you are there for more than a week). A good breakfast in the morning and an outdoor pool.

My mom came down for a few days last year and stayed in the econo lodge. She was not expecting much, but said it was the nicest hotel she has stayed in down there in a long time (she has gone to NE for several years). it was also on that stretch towards UMass I beleive in Hadley. I can not express how suprised she was at how nice it was. I love my mother very much, but she can be difficult to travel with as she is very picky where she stays. She already booked it again for this year.

2. Jan says:

+I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast in Amherst that was very fun……It was about 20 minutes away and there were great restaurants within walking distance in the small college town. there was a new group of breakfast partners every morning; usually parents taking their kids on college tours. It was quiet, cozy and we had our own bathroom.

3. Beth says:

Look for a hotel in Hadley, Mass. thats where most people stay and its right down the road from the show grounds. There are plenty of stores etc. in that direction so its convenient. You should still be able to get something. Expect to pay a touch more than you would for a hotel at another show, though!

4. denu220 says:

I know there are a lot of motels/hotels in W. Springfield, MA that are only about a half hour (maybe 45 minutes at the most) away. We’ve stayed at the Clarion and also the Red Roof Inn. There’s quite a selection! By the way, we don’t stay overnight for NEMHS—we commute from home in NY :( Best of luck to you!

5. IED says:

I stayed in a Comfort Inn in Hadley this past year. About 7 minutes from the showgrounds, beds were comfy, AC was great, breakfast not bad.

6. denu220 says:

It sounds like Hadley’s the place to be!

7. ApplewayFarm says:

Here is another place that is off the horse show radar (and therefore often has rooms) and just 10 monutes down Route 5 from the 91 and route 5 interchange in Northampton. Country Inn & Suites Holyoke on Route 5 413-533-2100 and there is a nice restaurant on site if you want to have dinner there.

Thank you all for your input. It was very helpful.

When it gets a bit closer to show season, I’d be interested to hear of any restaurants that are a “must do.”

9. denu220 says:

Remind us!! I have a list, lol :)

Maybe that is an idea for Beth or her technologically inclined other half. Is there any way we could have a quick one click information bank on the site that had the names of restaurants and hotels in the towns Morgan people show in? Something easy to access so we could bank our ideas now, and not have to scoll back through old topics to find it again when summer rolls around.

Speaking of summer…do you think it will come, are we in the next ice age?…its days like today (5 degrees) when I wonder whatever happened to global warming!

11. denu220 says:

We’ll wake up to -9 on the east side of NY, Colwilrin. Brrr…. I ALWAYS worry about my horse being warm enough. He should be—he’s indoors and blanketed with a heated water bucket. Still…he’s my baby!

12. JC says:

Is Fitzwilly’s Restaurant still in existence in Northampton? They made the best “fanlandana” dessert when I was a kid.

We haven’t shown at N.E. since 1999, when our Rumbrook Immortal Vision won Jr. Champion mare. Such good memories. We’ll be back in 2009 and can’t wait to return to the N.E. circuit!

Joanna

When I was at New England 2 years ago, Fitzwillys was still open. They have a great cheese dip too!

Tomorrow we (west end of NY) are supposed to sink into the negatives as well. Thank goodness for Schneiders Teckno quilts and the turbo heater! My guy will be toasty warm.

14. denu220 says:

This is the time of year in NY when we truly appreciate the REST of winter being in the teens, 20′s, and 30′s… It’s supposed to “warm up” next week. Hang in there…

15. Morganz says:

Hi Colwilrin. I have been staying at the Homewood Suite hotel the past two years. It is a really nice hotel. It is in Holyoke. A lot of people from NEMHS stay here.

16. PrincessPrada says:

Country Inn & Suites is the best.

17. jac says:

There is a very nice B & B in Whately – just about 15 – 20 minutes away in “the counrty” Sunnyside Farm – there are places to ride your bike, walk and a pool for after the hot days! Call Mary Lou at 413-665-3113 and tell her you are coming for the Morgan show