New York State Morgan Horse Society Year End Award Banquet

Just wanted to let you all know that the NYSMHS Banquet was, yet again, a fabulous event. Scottfield Stables had 20 people in attendance, and what fun we had! Congratulations to everyone who participated and came home with prizes, especially Oak Creek Chief of Staff (Pleasure Horse of the Year) and Julia Strier (Junior Exhibitor of the Year). This is the third year in a row that Julia has won this. What an honor! The NYSMHS Year End program is fantastic, but you have to be a member to participate. You can go to nysmhs.org to find out how to join. I would love to hear from anyone else who was there this year, and maybe you all would like to share your results and highlights with our friends here at AboveLevel. Thanks again to everyone who made this event so much fun for all of us!!!

7 Responses to New York State Morgan Horse Society Year End Award Banquet

1. royalattraction says:

Congrats Again!! I won Am. Hunter Pleasure with Pat Walters gelding, NSM Armageddon :)

2. Scottfield03 says:

Awesome! Congratulations to you as well! Our barn finished as follows:
    Kate Kielceski, Champion 13 & Under Equitation, All seats
    LSF She’s Come Undone, Reserve Grand Champion, Open English Pleasure
    Ultra’s Special Delivery and Haleigh Quigg, 4th Walk and Trot Pleasure/eq, All Seats
    GW In Lieu of Cash and Emily Puthawala, 4th, Western Pleasure Jr Ex
    Hunter Hill By Design and Caitlan Reilly, 6th, Amateur English Pleasure

Woohoo!

3. Kielceski says:

I agree! This was our third year attending and it was better than ever! Everyone had a great time, the food was good, and it was well run. Congrats to everyone!

4. Champion Hill says:

We were unable to attend but my customer’s horse Heritage Direct Current won the Road Hack Championship and was 4th in the open hunter class. Donna was very happy! Congratulations to everyone!

5. swevans3232 says:

If everyone had a great time contact Patty Waring and let her know. Patty puts alot of work into the Banquet and I’m sure she’d love to hear feed back (especially positive)

6. Xenophona says:

I attended the show, but for me the this was my first year showing.
    I started showing in early spring this year for the first time while training under the direction of Chrislar Farms., who matched me with a great horse.
    I had bought this horse called Johnny, (Treble’s Johnny B Goode) and have found out just how good he is and how great my trainer is, and my trainer is Chris Cassenti. I started showing in May at a local show and gradually moved into rated shows after having some victories. To my surprise I was on my way to the NYRMHS and going into large classes with beautiful horses and accomplished riders. I did have a great time, everyone was so kind and the horses beautiful. To my amazement, I came in Reserve right behind Morgan Manfreda in Amateur Hunter Pleasure. It didn’t end there!!
    Chris and Larry Cassenti were there to present the UVM VALCOUR Trophy award to Morgan Manfreda and NSM Armageddon, which meant so much to Chris Cassenti of Chrislar Farms and Chris McDermott. I found myself thinking that wow maybe all those lessons and practice had paid off! The patience and generosity of Chris had actually brought me to this point and without her I know this would just be a dream. It didn’t end there!!
    As I was being led out of that class they announced that I had also won the Golf Cart!!
    Thanks again, for a great time!!
    Congratulations Morgan and Pat Walters!
    Maybe next year, I can attend the banquet. : ]

7. Scottfield03 says:

Congratulations!
    You should definitely try to attend next year— it is a really nicely done event.