Believe It!!!!!

Ok so this morning during my little sisters cartoons there was a commercial for!!!!

ARABIANSSSS!!!!!!

Can you believe it!? It was a good one too! Just wanted to share. I have a meeting this morning and have to go. Work never ends. Anyway, it seems the competition is getting fiercer.

Bye!

11 Responses to Believe It!!!!!

1. jns767 says:

How genious of the Arabian people, they’re targeting the little girls who are going to now beg their parents for an Arabian horse – hmmmmm……

2. empressive says:

Yep! And here we are sitting on our duffs. Where are the deep pockets of our breed? Need to give some people a ring-a-ding-ling. Still thought I would let everyone know. It seems the competition is moving into the emotional warfare zone. Good luck

3. Jan says:

No doubt…advertising to the young versions of ourselves is a good move for the Arabian breed…But as far as the deep pockets of our breed is concerned, I see them contributing significant support to our shows, the new Kentucky Horse Park project, the Grand National and countless advertising to our magazines. AMHA would LOVE to spend more dollars on marketing and there are venues galore out there to promote our breed…but where do our precious dollars go?…….to the defense of frivolous, self-interested, lawsuits that only waste our money. How many of those little girls could be reached with just those legal defense funds?…..LOTS and this infuriates me!

4. Scottfield03 says:

Great idea! I have NO CLUE what a campaign like that would cost, but I would think with the numbers you would reach, it has to be pretty cost effective. Anyone have any idea what those numbers really look like?

5. jns767 says:

Welll, I got curious and youtubed the Arabian Commercial. I don’t know if this is the one you saw, but it’s definately creative.

6. PlayMorBill says:

A minimalist TV ad campaign would run between 10 and 20 grand. To do it right you have to saturate your target audiance an TV, Radio and Internet.

7. Scottfield03 says:

WOW!! That is A LOT of money…. I am doubtful that those numbers could be worked into our minimalistic budget. :-(

8. Black Eye Beth says:

A friend of mine and I were talking about this topic this morning. I am not sure having each breed spend money on commercials during kid’s cartoons is really all that cost effective. Maybe the USEF should start placing TV ads about ALL the breeds and the various things kids can do with them.

I also don’t think that targeting kids is the way to go. As a child I just wanted a horse and I didn’t care what type it was. Sure, I had read The Black Stallion and wanted nothing less than a black Arabian stallion but when my Dad took me to see the little 3 year old Quarter Horse that we were going to buy, I thought he was the greatest thing in the world. Additionally the only reason we chose a Quarter Horse was because the farm I took lessons at was a Quarter horse farm. As an adult the only reason I bought a TB was because that was the predominant breed at the farm at which I was taking lessons and that was what was available. Why did I choose Morgans?…The trainers boarding at the farm I owned were Morgan trainers and I found that I liked them.

I guess what I am getting at is that I chose the various breeds I have been involved with because of personal exposure to horses of that breed. Maybe a push to have more Morgans as lesson horses, or to have more Morgan barns start lesson programs might be a way to get more kids (and more importantly their parents) interested in Morgans.

Just a thought…

9. leslie says:

Cute ad. A little corny, maybe, but it would have won me over if it had been played during cartoons in the 80s.

I think Beth is right. Most new riders don’t know one breed from the next, but they’ll be indoctrinated into whatever breed and discipline they experience first, assuming it’s a positive experience.

Having a national ad for horses of any type is probably a positive thing for equestrian sport in general. If they’re going to have stuff marketed at them, better Arabians than Bratz dolls, I think.

Beth,

I agree that personal exposure to a breed can greatly influences our early choices. More Morgan lesson programs would help start new riders in Morgans, which would seem to be easier than trying to steal them away from another breed they establish contact with.

Once you get someone exposed to the breed, the product will sell itself. They really are great horses, with huge personalities. It seems that the harder sell would be finding compatible personalities and geographical distances between parents/riders and trainers.

I’d almost rather see 10,000 go toward something on a grass roots level. For example, research where the 10 largest 4H state/regional championship show are. Offer 1000.00 in scholarship money to the kid with the highest points showing on a registered Morgan. Maybe that would spark a little more interest at the beginner level.