hunt clothes etiquette

I finally found a hunt coat that I absolutely fell in love with. So heres my next question. Is it okay not to wear a stock pin? I’m really not a big fan of them. Besides losing them I cant ever keep one straight. I dont ride equitation, so its not too big of an issue. I was wondering if I could get away with just a nice pin on my jacket instead? I also have on collar that has rhinestones around the whole thing, and I was debating being creative and (tastefully) adding them to my other shirt collars also. Any other ideas out there? Also, where can you get the collars embroidered with your initials?

7 Responses to hunt clothes etiquette

1. leslie says:

Stock pins seem to be common at Morgan shows, but at hunter shows they’re a relic of decades past. You definitely don’t have to have one. The monogrammed collars are popular on both circuits.

I know a lot of the tack shops, like Dover, will put a monogram on collars, but you’d probably have to buy the shirt from them.

2. Stonesong says:

I’m not a big fan of stock pins either… I’m likely to pin myself in the neck. I think monogram’s are the way to go!

3. jns767 says:

Carley -

I got my hunt collar monogramed at Lakeside Saddlery in Whitmore Lake. Jenny only works on Saturdays ;)

4. haha thanks, i really like the lady who does the embroidering there

5. bella92290 says:

Carley
    Nice pin on your jacket is fine, we have been riding with that for years now. And we have had the collars done by a lady at New England every year and I think at Mass Morgan, really nice job.

6. Amanda says:

Bella92290,
    You may be speaking of Signet Monogram. She does excellent work.

7. Amanda says:

I was not able to finish my post. Her name is Irene Parker and her shop is located in Saco, ME.