New Poll – Class Video

I just put up a new poll (better late than never).  I have been posting video from Jubilee and just wondered if you all enjoy watching the video or not.  I hope to be able to get video up quicker at OKC, but need to get my “technical advisor” (the husband) to help me with that.

Also, if anybody has any burning questions that they would like to see as a poll, either comment here or email me at blackeyebeth@gmail.com

***Last Poll Results***

176 voters responded to the question of whether they were attending Grand Nationals this year:

No, too expensive – 65/176 (37%)
Yes, with a horse(s) showing – 62/176 (35%)
Yes, as a spectator – 18/176 (10%)
No, due to reasons other than cost – 25/176 (14%)
No, I have no interest in attending – 6/176 (3%)

11 Responses to New Poll – Class Video

1. Jan says:

I think it’s fabulous!…..Great way for others to see what are Morgans are all about.

2. Stretch's mom says:

I would love to see the videos, but because I’m on dial-up, I can not download them effectively.

3. 2girlsmom says:

I like to see the videos. It is really nice when you can’t be at the show. It gives you at least a small taste while you at work.

4. Anonymous says:

Just a thought – you may want to get permission from the owners/riders before you post videos. While the horses are on display at the show, *publishing* thier likeness is a legal matter.

5. Erika Rose says:

I love seeing the videos! I can’t get to nearly as many shows as I would like, and follow them closely on the photographers website during the show. It’s awesome to actually see part of the class instead of a still picture.

6. Malissa says:

I love the videos! It’s great to have a single source to go to instead of the rigors of searching YouTube and dealing with their inaccurate search results!

Anonymous,

Could you give me a statute reference, or case law cite on that. It is related to a vacation video matter I was studying and I could use a good lead for research.

Thank you!

8. Jan says:

Obtaining written permission from everyone in a class would be so difficult as to make the process impossible. I would think that because it is a “show”,it is implied that people will see you……As we know…some of the Grand national classes are put on the internet.

9. Malissa says:

I work in the internet industry and can be confident telling you that there are no laws that prohibit the sharing of unlicensed material, like these class videos. The issue with YouTube and Viacom has been going on for some time and the only reason for that is because the material…tv shows and movies, is licensed/copyrighted to the studio/distributor. If a show were to start licensing the material or had an exclusive deal with a videographer than there might be an issue but I doubt it. YouTube, Flickr, and so many other sites, blogs especially, could not exist without using original and unoriginal content. Post away!

10. Black Eye Beth says:

Malissa,
    Thanks for commenting. I have been doing a little research on that issue after it was brought up. I thought I was “okay” but it is good to have someone who is involved in the industry confirm my findings.

11. Malissa says:

No Problem, glad to help!