Off To Be Jubilant at the Jubilee

I am leaving this afternoon, with dogs in tow, to make my journey to Springfield, IL.  Our horses made it safely to the grounds last night but given that my kids started school this morning, I had to be a good mom and stay home at least for today.

Since I am not showing (I just wasn’t quite ready to show my mare in her full bridle-surprise, surprise…), I will hopefully be able to spend some time up at the ring to video some classes and maybe get a picture or two to post.  So, if you are at the show, I will be lurking around with video camera in hand if you want to catch a glimpse of the infamous terrible rider!  I am sort of a quiet person (believe it or not) but feel free to give me a “hey” or hit me with any blog suggestions if you see me.

17 Responses to Off To Be Jubilant at the Jubilee

1. Anonymous says:

did you ride white christmas by any chance at penn ohio?

2. Black Eye Beth says:

Yes, I did. He’s a tough one, but probably the best “teacher” I could have ever asked for.

The tough ones will teach you 101 lessons! As long as they aren’t “crazy tough”…the “safe tough” ones make you do it right. I think they are actually pretty smart and have the attitude “if you can’t figure out how to ask properly…I am not partaking in this venture!”

Personally, I have never done well with push-button horses. Once the challenge is gone…I get bored and yell…NEXT! My personal motto is: Every horse has something to teach you, if you are just open to learn it.

4. Black Eye Beth says:

I think we are alot alike in the challenge aspect. I am always looking for the next thing to learn. White Christmas is definitely one of those “safe tough” ones. Never in all the times that I have ridden him has he ever done anything that made me think he wanted to hurt me. He just likes to mix things up a bit and I can’t say that I blame him. He has been doing this a long time…he is due some fun, too!

He sounds like my former western mount. I showed him for 10 years…and never knew what he’d throw at me next. He was the only horse that was able to keep my interest for that long! It is interesting to see the many ways a seasoned show horse can find to “entertain itself” in a class…especially old geldings.

We call it OGS – “old gelding syndrome”

6. Stretch's mom says:

Look for me with a Jack Russell and a mini Aussie. My horse doesn’t go until Friday, but I will be around Wednesday. Good luck to all who are showing!

7. anonymous says:

i leave tomorrow in the early morning and my horsey goes out today! so exciting! good luck to all the above-levelers who are going =]

Good luck to everyone! I fly out Wed am (way to early for words)…my horses have already arrived…lucky them, as I am stuck at work trying to will the clock to move faster!

Have a safe journey everyone…I hope to see fellow bloggers at the street party!

9. Peppermintpatti says:

My horse leaves this morning but I am driving up on wednesday. I am so excited to get a break from the everyday grind. I love my kids to death but mom needs some horse and gal pal time. My best friend from Oklahoma City is meeting me there and we plan on having fun and relaxing.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to meet some of you. Beth, I will look for you since I know you will have a video in hand.

I am so excited, I just hope my horse has a good show.

10. jdenzel says:

Perrpermintpatti, mickeymouse795 and I are leaving Thursday morning (need to keep her in school as long as possible). We’ll see you there! Good luck everyone!

11. Peppermintpatti says:

jdenzel, tell that darling gal that I will be there cheering my favorite team on. I will see you in a couple of days.

12. Dawn Fire says:

Just want to let everyone know that results will be posted on the Jubilee website after each session.

13. bella92290 says:

Good luck to all Above Levelers!!!!! Have a blast and cannot wait to hear how awesome you all do.,,,

14. spiritofplay says:

Beth, I just want you to know as the proud owner of that “trojan” horse, you do a great job with him and never ever let anyone tell you different. HE is a tough horse, but you’ve got to love him! Have a great Jubilee-I wish I was there!

15. Black Eye Beth says:

Thanks, Spirit…I know you have the utmost sympathy for me when it come to the our little trojan! BTW, I rode My Girl with a full bridle at home the other day…with a crop…and we LIVED…wooohooo!!!

16. Dawn Fire says:

Results for Jubilee are posted.

17. anonymous says:

dawn fire, your little girl was absolutely precious in her w/t class! me and my barn gave her a little extra cheer =]