Show Photos

Whenever I’m at horse shows I notice that there are a lot of photographers on the rail and in the stands taking photos of the classes. I know that sometimes these photos show up on the main photographers website but sometimes they’re not.  I was wondering if anyone knew who some of these photographers were and if they have websites. Sometimes I will see a candid of myself in one of the Morgan/Saddlehorse publications and it was not on the photographers website. I’d really like to know because sometimes they’re better photos than the photographer took!

I wanted to know if anyone knows of any photographers that work the Morgan shows other than the ones we all know of like Howie, Debbie, Shane, Terry, etc.

6 Responses to Show Photos

1. blondie says:

alot of times, the ones taking photos in addition to the official show photographer, are the ones working for the magazines, such as The Connection, Saddle Horse Report, and Morgan Horses.

2. anonymous says:

If a photographer takes your pic after you win a championship (like right outside the gate) and is like “This is for the connection/Report” just ask them nicely for a card (or their email adress), and email them later about the picture — the connection lady always sends me a free digital image of the pics they take when i’ve won

3. denu220 says:

There’s a guy named “Douglass” who took great candids of my horse from the rail at Maine Morgan last year. I didn’t see him this year because ME Morgan was held in New Hampshire, but he was really good.

4. Dave says:

I frequently shoot candids from the rail. My daughter shows Morgans and it provides me with a way to enjoy my hobby along with hers. I go to the shows with the intention of just shooting the folks at our barn but I enjoy it so much that I end up shooting lots of other classes too.

5. Amanda says:

The Douglas guy you are speaking of is Ted Douglas . His website is http://www.aclassicexpression.com

He was actually at Maine this year, as they also own one of the tack shops there, but he was contracted to shoot the hunter and dressage rings, hence the no candids. He has take some great shots of my horse.

6. denu220 says:

Darn! I wish he had been shooting candids in the main ring! He does an awesome job, and I bought from him last year in Skowhegan. Maybe next year…