New Poll – March 9 – 16

A new poll has been posted for this week.  The question in the right hand column is by one of our members.  If you answer “No” they would also like to know why not.  Feel free to answer that question as a comment to this post.  Thanks!

6 Responses to New Poll – March 9 – 16

1. Black Eye Beth says:

I voted “No” to the poll question. I don’t have the expertise to train and show my own horses. I would much rather pay to have professionals do it for me (much SAFER in my case). My husband probably thinks it is a shame I have the “expertise” to own so many though!!

2. amie9191 says:

I show my horse in the AOTS classes because I can’t afford to send him to the trainer of my choice ($950+/month). I would love nothing more then to show with a trainer but right now it’s not an option.

I feel like being an AOTS makes me have to push even harder to keep my horse performing as good as the pros. I pay attention to every detail down to what western bit is in style or looks better on certain horses.

I even taught myself how to sew so I can make my own show clothes…..showing certainly keeps me busy :-)

3. stretch says:

Thirty years ago I showed AOT and enjoyed it very much, but now advancing age and physical limitations, relegate me to the stands where I fully enjoy watching the professionals show my beautiful horses.

4. KarenL says:

“No” vote from me…. not an amateur.

5. Leslie says:

I would, but those classes aren’t offered at the shows I go to. I love the idea of them, though.

6. Mocha Mom says:

I simply don’t have the talent or the facilities to train my own horses. (I have tried.) I realize that I am fortunate to be able to afford a trainer. If I couldn’t I probably wouldn’t show at all, so shows don’t need to include AOTS classes for me.